Friday, May 8, 2020

The Goal


As a family we really enjoy the outdoors.  Back in 2018, as we were at Sequoyah State Park, in the Three Forks Nature Center, the woman working there asked if we had heard of the Oklahoma Passport Program.  We hadn't so she grabbed some books for us and explained that each of the Oklahoma State Parks offer stamps.  When you visit the park, you visit the office and get a stamp to help keep track of which parks you have visited.  I took the passport book she offered and stuck it in the console of the car and forgot about it.  


For Mother's Day of 2019, Hal planned a day of hiking at Tenkiller State Park for me.  I remembered the Passport book and had him stop at the park office to get a stamp for the book.  We had so much fun hiking and enjoying being together that I decided to make a goal.  The goal was to visit every state park in Oklahoma in a year.  We are coming up on Mother's Day 2020 and I haven't reached my goal (life sometimes gets in the way). We have visited every state park in the Northeast Region of Oklahoma (and a few in the Southeast region). We have even visited some of the parks twice to explore more. 

We have found areas in Oklahoma that aren't state parks, but are still fun. My hope is that we are able to share our experiences to help other families get out and explore the areas around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment